Saturday, November 1, 2008

Summer Up-date

Chicago
It was was a full two weeks! I learned how truly blessed I am for living in Idaho and having a warm and loving home to come home to every night. The girls I have worked with are like the children in Guatemala we visited. They are starved for love. There is no time when you don't have a girls arms around you or your arms around them. It was a great experience, one that will always be a special memory. The day with the girls starts at 9 and they left at 3. After we played and did so much site seeing! There were many museums, parks, art galleys, plays (wicked), lots of shopping, boat rides, comedy clubs, fancy restaurants and crazy foods! Just in one week I ate octopus, squid, clams, raw salmon rapped around caviar. Yes and I still do not enjoy sea food! I think I have been cultured in food for a first and last time. Probably the Asian pancakes with chicken curry have been my favorite, the lamb curry about made me gag!



Memphis, TN
After Chicago I was home for a couple weeks before David flew me out to Memphis to visit. I had the best 2 weeks with David. He is a hopeless romantic - My room was covered in roses and chocolates the night I got there. We went boating, the zoo, art gallery, pea body hotel, a fair, played games with the family, grace land, shopping - and much more! David was a good sport and even did night face masks with me! I fell in love with his family, and I still can't believe how much alike his mother and I are! I fit in almost better then I though possible. It was sad to leave, but nice to get home to my family! I missed them so much after being gone a full month. I can't imagine what it will be like after 18 months!

No comments: